Of course, there’s the obvious amusement parks and beaches to visit, but what can the Orlando area teens do outside of these activities this summer? Here are some ideas!
1. Bicycling. There’s one thing we have here in Central Florida and that is excellent places to bicycle. The Orange trail, for one, is an excellent place to bring your bikes. You can find a trail map at this website – TrailLink.com
2. Canoeing and Kayaking. One doesn’t always think of our area coinciding with this activity, but you can definitely find it and teens love it. Peace of Mind Kayak Tours offers kayak rentals at the Winter Park Chain of Lakes.
3. Geocaching. This is one that teenagers and adults all have fun with. Have you tried it? There is an Operation Recreation GeoTour hosted by Geocaching.com, which stretches from Pensacola to Key West and includes 71 of the First Three-Time National Gold Medal Award Winning Florida State Parks and Trails.
4. Paddleboarding. I believe ALL teens love this activity and there are plenty of places to try it out. Paddle Board Orlando is a good place to start.
5. Equestrian Trails. Taking in the lay of the land on the back of a horse is a unique experience and there are many opportunities to do just that. Yelp has a list of 10 best horseback riding in Orlando.
6. Deep sea fishing. Yes, you do have to travel a tad for this one, but it is well worth it! At Salty Sam’s Marina you can charter a boat or rent one yourself, but participating in a chartered fishing expedition is probably the best way to go! Captain Mike knows where to find the fish!
7. Hiking. If it is not too hot or if you go early enough in the morning, then hiking is a great option for the teens. Here’s a guide to the best scenic hikes in Florida.
8. Jet Skiing. I honestly don’t know what teen would not enjoy this activity. Visit Fun Fix for a list of locations to jet ski in Florida.
9. Lazy River. You do notice a theme to this so far, right? Most are water-related activities and this one is definitely adored by all. Who doesn’t love just floating on the water! The Visit Orlando website has a whole list of lazy rivers.
10. Sailing. The last of my top 10 list and this one is a huge hit. Sailing Florida has an extensive list of sailing opportunities.
Hopefully, this will keep the teenagers in Orlando happy this Summer.