Springtime is a time when many people prep their homes for sale. Are you one of them? If you are getting ready to sell your home, I want to share a few tips that you should not ignore when getting ready to sell your home.
1. Interview Your Realtor – Make sure that the realtor that is going to sell your home is going to do all they can to get you the best price. Also, make sure that they are going to use all the latest technologies available to market your property to as many home buyers as possible.
2. Curb Appeal – Make sure that the outside of your home is looking as nice as possible. This is the first thing that home buyers see. They want to come into your home when the outside looks nice and appealing. Trim the shrubs and cut the grass, maybe even plants a few flowers out front. First impressions speak louder than words.
3. Put away the junk. If you have a lot of ‘stuff’ in your home, buy some large plastic tubs with lids and put the ‘stuff’ away. The home buyers want to see their stuff in your home and they do not want to be stepping over all of your ‘stuff’. Make sure to also put away all of the appliances on the counter of the kitchen; it is best to leave a toaster and coffee maker.
4. New Paint – A new coat of paint will give your home the boost it needs. Make sure to stick with neutral colors and do not opt for the ‘accent’ wall. Also, make sure to give the trim a new coat of paint also.
5. Price the Home Right the First Time. Make sure that your realtor prices your home right the first time. If the price is right, you will have many buyers looking at your home. If it is priced too high – the potential buyers will be looking at the next house on the list.
It is a team effort when selling a home and I am here to be on YOUR team. I hope that this information has been helpful.